Sunday 30 November 2014

Graphic Concepts


These are some pictures I found of typography quotes. I like how they usually go with the high contrast of white on black to make an impact with the words and make them much more powerful and eyecatching. One thing I really like and what to try when creating my posters is the mix of fonts per image, not all use more than one font but I really like the effect this technique gives and feel that it makes the images much more decorative. The use of different colours and sizes also help give the images a more decorative feel and like how this shows what are the most significant words in the image and makes them much more powerful and creates a bigger impact. 

These are some thumbnail designs I came up with using the 5 quotes. I made 5 thumbnails for each quote, making 25 in total. I think this worked well because i was able to see what worked well as a picture and what didn't work at all and gave me some idea of how it would turn out. 




10 Designs made on Illustrator:











These are my 10 designs that I made on Illustrator. I really enjoyed making these but found it hard to find fonts that were suitable for the quote and followed the same theme. I mainly worked with black font on white background but experimented with a bit of colour (red) and using black backgrounds with white font. I really like the way the colour looks on the black background and think I will experiment with that more for my final two. 





This is one of my two final outcomes. I wanted to represent time in the picture so decided to shape the words into a clock. For the font making the outside of the circle I wanted the words to be a rounded shape and make the boarder of the clock. For the hands I wanted to choose a straight font but also make it bold because I wanted it to emphasis the EVERY BODY. I really liked working on the black backgrounds with the 10 designs so decided to work on it again and I think it makes the words stand out much better and gives it a more powerful impact. I'm really pleased with how this one has turned out and think the high contrast of the white on black, along with the bold font really emphasises the words and the meaning. 


This is my second final outcome. For this one I decided to keep the same font and colour style as the one I made in the 10 designs but just changed the layout. Instead of having it reflecting diagonally I just kept it straight. I think the image is a lot more powerful this way as its easier to read and the formal layout makes it much more serious. I really like the way the colour comes out off of the black background and like the high contrast it has, making the words have a much bigger impact. I wanted to use a bold and formal font and felt this was the most appropriate style for the words, I don't think this would have had the same effect if it was made from a more decorative font.  





              





No comments:

Post a Comment