Sunday 30 November 2014

Type Pattern

Mood Board


These are some images I found of type patterns, its a simple technique of simply choosing one letter and copying it to create patterns and shapes, often making the letter itself unrecognisable. I really like this technique and think I will try experiment with using just one letter and using more than one colour as these examples only use black font on white background. I think I will try create a range of patterns such as the bottom left image and try create some unique and interesting shapes but will also try to create a continuous pattern like the rest of the images.



Own out comes on Illustrator


These are my final type patterns I made using Illustrator. We went on Dafont and downloaded some decorative type faces and copied them on to illustrator to try and make some symmetrical patterns. We also had to play around with different colours to try and make the patterns more appealing and detailed. I really enjoyed making these and think I was successful in making them. My favourite style of patterns I made were the ones where I mixed colours to add depth and detail to the pattern. I thought this was a really fun and interesting technique to try and think I was successful in creating some visually appealing and unique patterns out of single letters.



No comments:

Post a Comment